Applications, on prescribed Form, appended with the prospectus, obtainable on cash payment of Rs. 1000/-from UBL Counter at the Department of Geology, University of Peshawar (0ff Road # 2) from 19.08.2015 for admission to the undergraduate, BS 4-year degree programmes are invited, for which essential details are as under:
|S. No||PROGRAMME BS (4- Year)||Eligibility||REQUIRED
|1.||Art & Design, Urdu||Intermediate with at least 45% marks in aggregate and 45% marks in drawing test to be conducted by the Department for which Roll No slip will be issued at the time of submission of Admission Form.
Note: The required eligibility for Urdu is: Intermediate with 45% marks.
|2.||Botany, Bio Technology, Microbiology, Zoology, Pharma-D (5-Year)||F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) with at least 45% marks in aggregate. For admission inPharm-D, F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) with at least 60% marks in aggregate is required.||
|3.||Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, Geology, Geographical Information System & Remote Sensing (GIS/RS)||F.Sc. with at least 45% marks in aggregate.
|4.||Physics, Electronics, Urban & Regional Planning (URP)||F.Sc (Pre-Engg) with at least 45% marks in aggregate.
Note: For admission in Electronics,the required eligibility is: F.Sc. with (Pre-Engg or DAE Electronics or Electrical) with at least 2nd Division.
|5.||Disaster Management & Preparedness, Geography, International Relations, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Gender Studies, Education||Intermediate, with at least 45% marks in aggregate. Additional 20 marks will be granted to candidates with relevant subject(s).
Note: For admission in Disaster Management & Preparedness, the required eligibility is: F.A with Civics & Economics/F.Sc/Inter Science/DAE/D.Com with at least 2ndDivision.
|6.||Business Administration, Commerce||Intermediate / D.Com with at least 45% marks in aggregate. However, 30 extra marks will be added to General Science and Humanities Groups.||UAT-PM/UAT-PE/UAT-AH /UAT-CCGS|
|7.||Computer Science||F.Sc (Pre-Engg), FCS, General Science (with Computer) having at least 45% marks in aggregate.||UAT-PE/
|8.||Economics||Intermediate with at least 45% marks in aggregate. Candidates having studied Economics will be granted 20 Additional Marks.||UAT-PM/UAT-PE/UAT-AH /UAT-CCGS|
|9.||Mathematics||Intermediate (with Maths) having at least 45% marks in aggregate.||UAT-PE/
|10.||Statistics||Intermediate with Maths or Statistics and having 45% marks in aggregate.||UAT-PE/
|Closing Date for submission of Admission Forms||04.09.2015||04:00 pm||Department of Geology|
|Hafiz-e-Quran Test||08.09.2015||09:30 am||Committee Room No. 2|
|Aptitude Test (Fine Arts)||14.09.2015||09:00 am||Department of Fine Arts|
|Trials for Sports Seats||14-18.09.2015||10:00 am||Directorate of Sports.|
|Aptitude Test (Urdu)||15.09.2015||09:00 am||Department of Urdu|
|Interview for seats reserved for disabled persons.||16.09.2015||10:00 am||Directorate of Admissions|
|Display of Provisional Merit List||21.09.2015||10:00 am||Concerned Departments|
|Complaint(s) by the candidate(s) if any||21, 28.09.2015||Office Hrs||Directorate of Admissions|
|Display of Final Merit List||29.09.2015||10:00 am||Concerned Dept/Centre/Institute|
|Admission from Merit list.
Scrutiny of Original Documents & Remittance of Fee.
|10:00 am||Concerned Dept/Centre/Institute|
|Admission from Waiting list.||01.10.2015 onwards||10:00 am||Concerned Dept/Centre/Institute|
|Commencement of Classes||05.10.2015||08:00 am||Concerned Dept/Centre/Institute|
Test Key: University Aptitude Test (UAT)
- Pre-Medical (UAT-PM)
- Pre-Engineering (UAT-PE)
- Computer/Commerce/General Science (UAT-CCGS)
- Art & Humanities (UAT-AH)
Details on test composition are available on NTS website (www.nts.org.pk)
Entry Test Schedule:
|Last date of Registration||04.09.2015||04:00 pm||Department of Geology|
|Date & Venue||13.09.2015||09.00 am||See Roll No. slip issued by NTS|
|Declaration of Result||16.09.2015||05:00 pm||Online www.nts.org.pk|
- Hostel facility is not available for BS students.
- Application Form must be accompanied with attested photo copies of the following documents (Mandatory):
- SSC Original Certificate
- F.A / F.Sc. Part-I & II DMC’s
- Domicile Certificate
- C.N.I.C. (Personal / Parent / Guardian)
- Two Recent Photographs
- Equivalence Certificate from IBCC, where applicable
- Migration Certificate (To be produced at the time of admission).
- Candidates applying against quota seats must attach relevant certificates, showing eligibility of the candidate against the quota for which (s)he is applying.
- Application Form received by mail or after due date shall not be entertained, and the candidate will be deprived from the admission.
- Applicants are advised to obtain Registration Form for Entry Test from the facilitation counter provided by National Testing Service (NTS) at the Department of Geology, University of Peshawar, w.e.f. 19.08.2015.
- Applicants are advised to appear in the correct test category specified for various disciplines. Appearance in wrong test category will render the candidate ineligible. Instruction on Tests compositions are attached with NTS Registration Form.
- Details regarding the admissions, entry test, instructions for candidates are available on university website www.uop.edu.pk & NTS website www.nts.org.pk.
- For further details/guidance contact can be made on 091-9216477 or visit the Directorate of Admissions during working hours.
- Passing marks in the Entry Test is 40%. Failed students shall not be eligible for admission.
- Merit will be determined on the basis of F.A/F.Sc Marks (60%) + Entry test Marks (40%).
- The University reserve the right to withdraw any programme OR to modify the rules governing the programmes OR to make necessary amendments in the programmes OR courses of studies where deemed necessary.
- Candidates who have passed intermediate exam in the current and preceding session will be given 1st priority in admission, while the others will be given 2nd priority.
- Candidates on waiting list must sign the attendance sheet in the concerned department/centre/Institute within the specified dates, otherwise admission will not be offered.