University of Peshawar started admissions for session of 2016-2017 for BS 4 year program, UOP updated the eligibility criteria for admission and removed NAT test for qualifying. Now many BS programs are without NAT and entry test yes NAT is necessary for Fine Arts subjects as shown below.
Applications, on prescribed Form, appended with the prospectus, obtainable on cash payment of Rs. 1000/- from UBL Counter Old Chemistry BS Block adjacent to the Central Library, University of Peshawar from 02.08.2016 for admission to the undergraduate, BS 4-year degree programmes are invited, for which essential details are as under:
|S. No||PROGRAMME BS (4- Year)||Eligibility|
|1.||BS-LAW (5-Year)||F.A/F.Sc with at least 2nd Division.|
|2.||Urdu||Intermediate with 45% marks.|
|3.||Art & Design||Intermediate or equivalent with at least 45% marks in aggregate and 45% marks in drawing test to be conducted by the Department for which Roll No slip will be issued at the time of submission of Admission Form.
|4.||Pharma-D (5-Year)||F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) with at least 60% marks in aggregate is required.|
|5.||Botany, Bio Technology, Microbiology, Zoology,||F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) with at least 45% marks in aggregate.|
|6.||Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, Geology, Geographical Information System & Remote Sensing (GIS/RS)||F.Sc. (Pre-Medical/Pre-Engg) with at least 45% marks in aggregate.
|7.||Physics, Electronics, Urban & Regional Planning (URP)||F.Sc (Pre-Engg) with at least 45% marks in aggregate.
Note: For admission in Electronics, the required eligibility is: F.Sc. with (Pre-Engg or DAE Electronics or Electrical) with at least 2nd Division.
|8.||Disaster Preparedness & Management, Geography, International Relations, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Gender Studies, Education||Intermediate, with at least 45% marks in aggregate. Additional 20 marks will be granted to candidates with relevant subject(s).
Note: For admission in Disaster Management & Preparedness, the required eligibility is: F.A with Civics & Economics/F.Sc/Inter Science/DAE/D.Com with at least 2nd Division.
|9.||Business Administration, Commerce||Intermediate / D.Com with at least 45% marks in aggregate. However, 30 extra marks will be added to General Science and Humanities Groups.|
|10.||Computer Science||F.Sc (Pre-Engg), FCS, General Science (with Computer) having at least 45% marks in aggregate.|
|11.||Economics||Intermediate with at least 45% marks in aggregate. Candidates having studied Economics will be granted 20 Additional Marks.|
|12.||Mathematics||Intermediate (with Maths) having at least 45% marks in aggregate.|
|13.||Statistics||Intermediate with Maths or Statistics and having 45% marks in aggregate.|
|Closing Date for submission of Admission Forms||16.08.2016||04:00 pm||Old Chemistry BS Block adjacent to the Central Library, University of Peshawar.|
|Hafiz-e-Quran Test||22.08.2016||09:30 am||Committee Room No. 2|
|Aptitude Test (Fine Arts)||23.08.2016||09:00 am||Department of Fine Arts|
|Trials for Sports Seats||22-25.08.2016||10:00 am||Directorate of Sports.|
|Interview for seats reserved for disabled persons.||23.08.2016||10:00 am||Directorate of Admissions|
|Display of Provisional Merit List||29.08.2016||10:00 am||Concerned Departments|
|Complaint(s) by the candidate(s) if any||29-30.08.2016||Office Hrs||Directorate of Admissions|
|Display of Final Merit List||01.09.2016||10:00 am||Concerned Dept/Centre/Institute|
|Admission from Merit list.
Scrutiny of Original Documents & Remittance of Fee.
|09:00 am||Concerned Dept/Centre/Institute|
|Admission from Waiting list.||05.09.2016 onwards||09:00 am||Concerned Dept/Centre/Institute|
|Commencement of Classes||15.09.2016||08:00 am||Concerned Dept/Centre/Institute|
- Limited Hostel facility is available for BS students on the basis of Merit.
- Application Form must be accompanied with attested photo copies of the following documents (Mandatory):
- SSC Original Certificate
- F.A / F.Sc. Part-I & II DMC’s
- Domicile Certificate
- C.N.I.C. (Personal / Parent / Guardian)
- Two Recent Photographs
- Equivalence Certificate from IBCC, where applicable.
- Migration Certificate (To be produced at the time of admission).
- Candidates applying against quota seats must attach relevant certificates, showing eligibility of the candidate against the quota for which (s)he is applying.
- Application Form received by mail or after due date shall not be entertained, and the candidate will be deprived from the admission.
- For further details/guidance contact can be made on 091-9216477 or visit the Directorate of Admissions during working hours.
- Merit will be determined on the basis of Intermediate or Equivalent Marks.
- The University reserve the right to withdraw any programme OR to modify the rules governing the programmes OR to make necessary amendments in the programmes OR courses of studies where deemed necessary.
- Candidates who have passed intermediate exam in the current and preceding session will be given 1st priority in admission, while the others will be given 2nd priority.
- Candidates on waiting list must sign the attendance sheet in the concerned department/centre/Institute within the specified dates, otherwise admission will not be offered.
- Admission on sports reserved seat shall be made strictly on the basis of open trials in respective games @ 5% of the total admission.
University Of Peshawar – BS 4-Year Bachelor Degree Program for the Session 2016-17