- + Date of Established : 1979
- + Vice Chanceller : Engr. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Attaullah Shah
- + Programs : BS, MS, Phd
Phone Number : +92-91-2584161-8
Email : [email protected]
Website : http://cusit.edu.pk
Address : Dalazak Road, Peshawar
City university of Science & Information Technology, Peshawar is one of the first private-sector universities, chartered by the Govt. of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, recognized by the Higher Education Commission (HEC). It is an extension of Peshawar Model Educational Institutes (PMEI), founded in 1979 with an aim to impart quality education at an affordable cost. Initially, only a primary school was established, comprising of just one moderate campus with 300 students. But, in the course of time, the continuous efforts of our highly qualified faculty and dedicated management paid off and resulted in the establishment of eight separate school campuses, one degree college campus for boys and one degree college campus for girls, with a combined strength of over 16,000 students. Recognizing the extraordinary reputation of PMEI in providing quality education from primary to bachelor level, the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa granted the charter of City University of Science and Information Technology on August 30, 2001. By the grace of Allah, PMEI is now providing the facility of education from primary to postgraduate levels under one umbrella.
The first batch of 89 graduates were awarded degrees and medals in MCS, MBA, M.Ed, B.Ed, and MA (Egnlish) during the First Convocation on 8th April, 2004 by the then Governor NWFP, Lt. Gen. (R) Syed Iftikhar Hussain Shah. Since then the convocations are being held regularly. During the Second Convocation held on 24th November, 2005, 175 successful graduates of BCS, BSE, BBIT, B.Ed, M.Ed, MCS, MBIT, MBA (B&F), Ex-MBA and MA (English) were conferred degrees by the then Governor NWFP, Mr. Khalil-ur-Rehman. Ten gold medals and distinction certificates were also awarded to the outstanding graduates. The third convocation was held on November 30, 2006. 174 graduates of BCS, BSE, BBIT, B.Ed, M.Ed, MCS, MBIT, Ex-MBA, MBA,MBA (B&F) and MA (English) were conferred degrees, medals and certificates by the Governor Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Lt. Gen(R) Ali Muhammad Jan Aurakzai. These results are indicative of a steady progress made by the university. The Foundation-Stone was laid by honourable Mr. Khalil-ur-Rehman, the then Governor Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. This remarkable success story reflects the persevered efforts of the management and staff members. It is a great achievement for both the management and the staff of PMEI.
To advance knowledge, deliver affordable education, and provide conducive learning environment of internationally recognized stature in science, technology and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the nation and the humanity.
To make City University nationally and internationally recognized as a premier University with a global perspective that produces leaders and professionals who will contribute to the betterment of the society. A University whose name stands synonymous to excellence, quality in teaching, research and whose graduates stand out among competitors.
- To sustain and enhance the quality in teaching and research through recruitment of highly skilled faculty, students and staff.
- To be a leader in the creation and synthesis of knowledge for the benefit of current and future generation.
- To continuously improve the quality of educational programs in order to attain a level of academic and professional excellence comparable with international institutes of repute.
- To continuously improve the quality of academic research and support programs through conducive and holistic environment.
- To continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the management and administrative services that support the University mission.
- Become effective, responsible and articulate members of the complex society in which they live as well as in their chosen professions or occupations.
- Become more competent in analytical thought, informed judgment and effective communication.
- Develop a respect for rationality, a tolerance for ambiguity and an appreciation of diversity.
- Explore the unfamiliar and use intellect in the process of discovery.
- Enhance their imagination, sensibility and creative talent.